Senior Solution Architect
Location: Remote UK/EMEA/South-East Asia
About IVIS Group
IVIS Group empowers clients through a combination of SaaS Product Enrichment & Cleansing Services, patented technology solutions and strategic retail consulting. This drives higher sales, profitability and greater brand penetration globally. IVIS Group enables retailers to deliver the vision of Identity Retailing “Shopping the Way Customers Want” through making the transition from “Product Retailing” to “Retailing as Continuous Dialogue”.
We are looking for a business aware Senior Solution Architect with strong interpersonal and leadership skills who is also a team player. You’ll be involved in the full product lifecycle from designing, building, refactoring and operating large scale and impactful innovation projects. You’ll be responsible for the design and implementation of solutions to address significant complexity at an organisational scope. Based on the business drivers and requirements, the candidate will use his/her experience and judgement to give prescriptive guidance on how best to create business value with technology. The candidate must have a solid solution design experience with strong organisational skills. Ideally, the candidate will also have experience in knowledge management solutions including Knowledge Acquisition/Ontologies/PIM/MDM utilising Agile and Scrum. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively at both technical and non-technical levels. The candidate is expected to mentor and transfer knowledge to the team in building consistently high-quality solutions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks, dependencies and impediments that may impact on the delivery of your projects
- Support/lead detailed design activities ensuring solutions are fit for purpose
- Analyse impact of proposed solution, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications across both teams
- Needs to be commercially aware and balance the technical ideal direction with market and customers’ expectations in scope, time and budget
- Participate in and actively lead technical sessions with internal teams and clients to scope projects and develop appropriate solution, project plans and risk analyses
- Build innovative, scalable, extensible, secure, fault-tolerant, and highly available solutions
- Consult for optimal design of data and other tiers, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- Proficient in solution architecture delivering software projects through the entire lifecycle, using a structured methodology and agile development processes
- Extensive experience of cloud technology-based projects in complex and uncertain environments
- Strong experience in web and e-commerce solutions
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail – operates strategically with an understanding of the ‘big picture’
- Pro-active, pragmatic with positive attitude to see opportunities in challenges and seek the right solution
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in solution design and architecture including 3 years using Agile, Azure and .net in a retail environment is essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and, proficient in both written and spoken English
To apply for the job:
Please send your CV and a short covering note explaining how you would like to contribute to the IVIS Group journey to: [email protected].
We only accept direct applications. No agencies please!